Friday, April 6, 2007

The Weekend Update

So there's been a little lapse in the posting- sorry! I have plenty of photographs to show off, though.

Last Sunday Mike, Holly, and I went to Ann Arbor to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee speak at the public library. Holly was the driving force behind the trip, but I was thoroughly entertained and even bought the new Yarn Harlot book and had it signed. She was supposed to take the stage at 2 o'clock, but some bad weather and a number of mishaps delayed her till 4. It was no big deal for us, because Seva was around the corner and we met Damien for some vegetarian lunchables (and Mike and I were both Weight Watchers-compatible. yay!)

While we waited, there was all manner of knitting:

Holly's progress

Holly is also knitting Tubey, and I love love love the color of Aurora 8 she's using. It's going to look great on her.

Mike in action!

Mike is getting better and better at the knit stitch, and his Lamb's Pride scarf is growing exponentially. I think he's on the second skein now. There's no going back.

Holy, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, and me

And here we are with the Bohus. And the Yarn Harlot. I'm the tallest!

After Mike and Holly left for home, I stayed in Ann Arbor and waited for Dan. I stopped at Busy hands and they have Malabrigo on sale this month for the crazy price of $7.95 a skein! I must go get some for me AND my Secret Pal.

I've been in the middle of a Spring Cleaning fit at home, and today I tackled the kitchen table. I have no picture of it before, but imagine it piled high with wedding gifts from August. Still in boxes. From August. It was bad, but now:

Kitchen table with vintage tablecloth

I still need to get hooks for the pegboard, so that explains the pile of utensils. Check out the vintage tablecloth. I love it! Here's my favorite panel:

Hookah man on vintage tablecloth

I finally spent my Neighborhood Knits certificate that mom gave me for Christmas. I got this cute ball of Lana Grossa sock yarn-I love the violet and lime green and rust together- and a pair of Addi Turbos. I want to try out the magic loop method, and I need to see what all the fuss is about with Addis.

Sock yarn

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP