Friday, January 16, 2009

FO: Adamas shawl

adamas-02

Conceived in 2008, but not born till 2009, I present to you: Adamas. This thing has been in progress since April, but it got balled up when Vivienne came along and didn't get brought back out till I needed something to do in class this fall. I fully support Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's notions about knitting being important work for achieving fancier brain-waves and all that- I concentrate so much more on the discussion at hand in class when I have something to knit while I listen and talk. If only I could knit while reading...

adamas-01

Anyway, here's the shawl. It's knit with pagoda red hanpaintedyarn.com laceweight on size 4? 5? (it's a fleamarket circular, and my gauge is missing). The pattern is the beautiful Adamas, and I am looking forward to trying another of Mim's designs.

Here's one more picture which captures all the gloom of the subzero, sunless weather we have in a Michigan January:

adamas-03

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP