Thursday, March 16, 2006

I swatched!

I swatched a piece of black felt from Lamb's Pride for Dan's hat. It's been so long (and so wedding wedding wedding) that I thought I had forgotten how to knit, but no. I need to give myself some more credit. Originally, the swatch was 10.5 st/4 in (double-stranded on size 13 needles), but after a good hand-felting in the kitchen sink:


The swatch is a total of 16 stitches across. As maths will indicate, 16 st/5.5 in is about 3 st/in (the original gauge is more like 2.5 st/inch). What will actually happen is that I'll eyeball it, cast on, and then felt the bejeezus out of the hat until the stitch definition is gone and then stretch it to fit Dan's melon.

And just because I like my wedding flowers, here's a picture of the Oceana rose, currently my desktop background:

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP