Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The blog is back: now with 100% more knitting content

Blanket for Grammies

Check it out: I have something to say about knitting! I am working on a blanket/belated Christmas gift for Grammies. Originally I wanted to do another feather and fan afghan, but the thought of pulling out that tired trick a third time made me procrastinate, so I cast on a bunch of stitches and embarked on a devil-may-care stockinette pattern with a garter border and random ridges. It's made of Homespun in the color Regency (ooh, sounds fancy...NOT) which is a lovely combo of teal, gray, tan, and blue. I must admit, for afghans, this yarn is a-okay with me. It's soft, it gets really fuzzy (which is not a drawback for a blanket, I think) and I can wash it in the machine.

I want to make it clear that I don't think it's good for any other purpose, however. A homespun sweater, for example, would be a hideous waste of time.

Blanket for Grammies

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP