Thursday, March 1, 2007

I can't believe it's wool.

So, contrary to my usual yarn buying MO, which is to stalk around the yarn shop three or four times in a couple of weeks, squeezing hanks and doing the dances of yes-I-want-it and well-maybe-not, I made an impulse buy. On the Internet. I think knitting is too expensive for me (it's isn't really) and so I am always looking for a deal. And I found one:

Mission Falls 1824

This is just one of the 12 or so (500g) mill end balls of Mission Falls 1824 Wool that I picked up. I haven't knit anything with it yet, but the ball squeezing test was an A+. It's so soft, and it shines in daylight. It doesn't feel like wool on my skin (and it doesn't produce the near instant rash that I'm used to). I will still probably have to wear a long sleeved shirt underneath the sweater, or perhaps put patches on the inside elbows, but I think this yarn will make a damn fine Tubey.

In other news, the craft room is taking shape. My needles have been moved off the bookshelf in the front room and onto my work table. I only have one window, but it seems to let in the right amount of light- the rest of the house is a cave. I wish I could go back to 1982 and tell my dad to add some more windows! Oh, well. It's okay in the summer when we can leave the doors open.

My needles

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP