Monday, October 31, 2005

I think I've hit the halfway point

My boobholder may not have any room for boobs yet, but it's almost ready to separate into sleeves and body. I will have an update picture in the next day or so. It's taking shape very nicely, and I think that I will never knit a sweater that isn't in the round and in one piece. I love it!

I will probably have some knitting time tomorrow because, unfortunately, Dan's Uncle Andy died over the weekend and we're heading to Mt. Pleasant tomorrow for the funeral (two and a half hours in the car, although I'll be doing a fair bit of the driving, I suspect). He was not in good health but it's still a bit of a shock. Dan wasn't particularly close to him, and I only met him once, but he was Dan's father's brother, and I think that losing a link to his father could affect Dan more than he realizes, especially after he acted when his grandmother died in July. I worked on the afghan at her memorial service, and everyone told me how much she loved to knit and crochet, but that she wasn't able to do it anymore. I have resolved to learn how to knit with broomsticks in the dark so that I'll still be able to knit when I'm blind and arthritic. And why the hell not?

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP