Friday, November 18, 2005

Too cold for a short-sleeved shrug

I haven't made any more progress on the Boobholder because I've been noodling around with winter accessories- the weather has taken a chillward turn in the last few days. The melon-holders that were too big for Nicole were replaced with an actual gift hat. I wish I had a picture, but I put it together in two hours and immediately took it over to her for her birthday. I used the Hot Head pattern from Stitch n Bitch in some spare hot pink Homespun (I think it was called Coral Gables) but it was too floppy on size 10.5 needles, so I switched out to size 8 and tried again. I did 25 rows instead of 29 because I thought I was running out of yarn (I wasn't), so it was a tad short for my personal tastes. To add a touch of length, I crocheted a lace edge with some black Super Saver, picking up and sc for each bound-off stitch, and then sc and ch 4, skipping every other sc from the previous round. It made a loopy lace that looked great in contrast to the ribbing. The hat was super stretchy and would fit all different head sizes. The fabric was really plush and dense, too. I'm definitely going to make myself one, a little longer and maybe in a different color (and I'll bet I would get at least two hats or a hat/scarf from one skein).

I've also started Branching Out from Knitty. I had to learn 4 new decreases and how to yarn over to do this, and it's coming out great on some light teal TLC on size 9 needles. I sew a lifeline in every repeat because I already had to start over once (and I hate starting over) but I think lace knitting is going to be my favorite varitey of knitting! Pictures as soon as there's light tomorrow.

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP