Sunday, April 15, 2007

Distractions

I couldn't just keep going on tubey. I needed a distraction for a couple of days. I dug out all the crappy acrylic that is not actually attached to any needles and started this:

Log Cabin Stash Busting

As you can see, most of my crappy acrylic comes from the 70s. Note the construction cone orange and lots of beige. I wanted to get better at picking up stitches before I got to the body of the sweater, so I picked a project that is nothing but picking up stitches. The center is wonky, but you can definitely follow my progress around the blanket. I think that once it's finished it's going to be dropped at the nursing home where Gramma Mae is right now. She can have it if she wants, or I'll give it to her roommate.

Last night Dan and I watched The Prestige for the second time. It was good to watch it again and catch all the little things we missed the first time (don't worry, I won't spoil anything). I really like that movie. There are plenty of little rewards for the closely-watching audience. While we watched, I started on the second sleeve of tubey. Finally!

Tubey- second sleeve

I don't like the cuff, so I'm going to do something different on this sleeve, and then go back and change the other one, I think. I want to be done with this project by auditions, which is the second week of May. Think I can do it?

Log Cabin Stash Busting

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP