Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Here we go again!

Hello, Secret Pal! Here's the questionnaire. You might want to flip through the old one, too, if you want to see what I wrote last round (I swear I haven't changed that much). If I may just whisper in your ear a single word to describe my current knitting obsession: socks. That is all.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Right now, superwash wool sock yarn. I am in love! For regular-style knitting, I also like Noro, for the color, and Mission Falls wool, for the hand. Paton's wool for felting. I am open to trying a lot of things, but I shy away from mohair (allergy).

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a couple of needle rolls, and a vase for my straight needles. My circulars are on a hook, and they fall down. A lot.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

It's been a while, a few years? I'm a middle-of-the-road knitter. I fear colorwork, but I can do lace no problem.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Amazon and etsy are in the sidebar.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Right now I'm on an essential oil kick. I desperately want soap/lotion that's all natural with EO scents. I really like the combination of grapefruit and mint, as well as ginger.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

CHOCOLATE. I love it. All kinds. I especially like Vosges chocolate with hot pepper in it.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I like crochet, photography, candle making. I would like to learn to spin, but I have no equipment and have no idea what I'm doing. :)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

At the moment: Gogol Bordello, Magnetic Fields, Scissor Sisters, ohmygod. I love mp3s, and I love discovering new music. Bring it on!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Green, orange, brown. I don't like pink and blue together, and thus avoid all sock yarn and Noro like that (unless it's RED, blue (aqua), and pink, and then it's my kitchen!).

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a husband.

KILL KILL KILL

And some monsters.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

No ponchos. It's like drawing a knitted arrow to my (ample) ass.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

SOCKS. I never thought I'd say it, but there you go. I also love top down raglans- no seaming. Yay!

13. What are you knitting right now?

um, SOCKS. :)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes please.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I prefer cheap ol' aluminum and plastic. Seriously. A big box of grandma's hand-me-downs gives me shivers. I knit mostly with circulars and dpns. I think I could learn to love bamboo, though.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Sadly, no.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Ugh. Too old. And it predates my knitting career.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween- costumes + candy = bliss. Also, Christmas for the family whirlwind. I don't generally like my birthday because I don't like being the center of attention, and I don't like Thanksgiving because I'm vegetarian.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

White milkglass vases. Someday I'll photograph what I have. It's nothing special- mostly from the Sally Ann, but I like it.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Fitted knits. Knitting Nature. Vintage Socks. Socks That Rock. Hell, any sock yarn, especially handpainted stuff. I have no subscriptions.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Colorwork.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I'm a size 9-9.5. My foot is 9" around at the ball and 9" long. Surprisingly, my feet got smaller when I lost weight. Weird.

23. When is your birthday?

June 10

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

I wish. Soon, my pretties. I've already begun the stash organization.

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP