Saturday, April 26, 2008

FO (times two): Baby Booties

Baby Booties

Pattern: Becky's Baby Booties
Yarn: an endless supply of Microspun
Needles: US 4
first pair: January-April 19, 2008
second pair (stripes): April 10 (the knitting)-20 (the sewing)

So, they're baby booties. There isn't much to say, except I made the first one in January, and then sat on the project FOREVER. They're the larger of the two sizes, and really quick to knit flat. The tedium comes when you have to weave in a brazillian little ends and seam up the bottoms and sides (yeesh). At least I perfected my mattress stitch abilities- I can now seam stockinette, garter stitch, and I can graft two cast on/bound off edges to one another. Yeah!

This project finally spelled the end of the Microspun from Holly. I actually quite like the finished fabric, and would consider using it again- just not in these colors. They're a little early-nineties-friendship-bracelet for me.

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP