Sunday, February 26, 2006

Finished: Olympic Gold Baby Sweater

I finished in time! I wasn't sure at the end, but I've actually finished the entire thing, woven ends and all.


I like this detail picture. My camera rocks!

Here's the sleeve, folded over the body. My first experience with seam sewing went pretty well, I think. The process was daunting, but I think it would be easier with a less complicated stitch pattern on larger needles (i.e., a sweater for me).

Pattern: Guernsey with bobble edging from Family Knits by Debbie Bliss (smallest size)
Yarn: Red Heart Baby Pompadour, mint green (3+ skeins)
Needles: size 4 aluminum straights, and my NeedleMaster for the bottom hem. The gauge was large, despite my swatching, but the yarn drapes better this way. Oh well.
Notes: I did a plain neckband and cuffs instead of the bobble edging,edited out the bobbles on the sleeves, and added a side placket with 2 buttonholes on the left shoulder to accomodate big baby heads.

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP