Sunday, February 12, 2006

Finished: Pirate Stripe Armwarmers

Pattern: Loosely Based on the Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation
Yarn: Black and Violet Red Heart Super Saver, who knows how much
Needles: size 6 aluminum dpns
Gauge: about 4 st/inch in 2x2 ribbing, slightly stretched (use your wrist/arm diameter for gauge purposes... I've got small wrists and forearms)
Notes: Cast on 32 stitches in purple (MC) and divide between 3 dpns (10, 12, 10).
K2, P2 around, changing color every 3 rounds and carrying yarn up through inside of warmer.
Round 37 (MC): K2, P2tog, K2, P2 around.
Rounds 38 and 39 (MC): K2, P1, K2, P2 around.
Round 40 (CC): K2, P1, K2, P2tog around.
Rounds 41 and 42(CC): K2, P1 around.
Continue in K2, P1 rib for 12 rounds, maintaining stripe pattern.
Round 55: K2, P into back and front of st around, making thumb gusset on 3rd (7th) knit rib as foll: K1, pm, M1, pm, K1.
Round 56: K2, P2 around, cont thumb gusset as follows: K1, slip m, K into back and front of st, slip m, K1
continue in K2, P2 rib around for 8 rounds, knitting into back and front of first and last st between markers.
Round 66: K2, P2 around, binding off st between markers.
Cont in k2, p2 rib for 6 more rounds and cast off in MC. Sew up gusset if you want to (I didn't- I like my thumbs hanging free)

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP