Friday, January 6, 2006

Last of the old, first of the new

Well, I'll call it the last knitting of the old year, but I actually finished this tiny camera case after the bell tolled and all the champagne was consumed (but before that champagne was... revisited, but thankfully not by me). The case , once seamed up, proved a little long, and I decided against the cutesy Mobile Monster head in lieu of buttons (yet to be purchased) to hold the top shut. Here's the progress shot:

Berocco Plush is awesome. I want to knit underpants out of it because it's so soft. And the case is holding up in my purse (although if it doesn't, I've got 1.75 skeins to go of this color).

So, I've been itching to start something new, but I have been reluctant to pull out the Noro and make the Hurry Up Spring armwarmers because I'm afraid I'll be allergic, and besides, it looks nice in the skein... I'm so lame. But screw it, it was sunny for the first time this year today, I've been carrying around this yarn in my bag for weeks, and I'm feeling brave. Today is The Day.

Stitch 'n' Bitch books? Check. Yarn and needles? Check. Peppermint tea? Check. Hot pink vinyl notions/dpn case I got for a quarter! at Value Word? Check. Okay. I think I'm ready. Baby steps:

Isn't it cute! The only thing that bugs me is that the skeins are not started in the same place in the color sequence, so they're not going to be identical without some fudging. Or maybe I should accept that they're going to be loud, and they might as well have... character.

Character like this:

She might be a crazy old lady, but she takes a cute picture.

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP