Monday, March 26, 2007

That's it- you're going in the closet.

So, while the silk sari yarn is beautiful, it has a tendency to snap at crucial moments- a trait I have never before experienced in yarn. After three of the four working strands snapped on my current project, I dumped the box of yarn back into the closet. It's beautiful yarn, but I deserve better treatment than that!

So, instead, I pulled out a ball of Mission Falls to knit a swatch from Tubey. Sadly, my size 7 tips for the NeedleMaster are missing, so I pulled out the size 6 and cast on. The gauge is 20/24, and I'm a loose knitter, so I thought I'd be close. Right? Nope. Waaaaaay too big. It was more like 16. So I frogged it and cast on with size 5 needles. So I've dropped three sizes, and the fabric is a lot stiffer, but I almost achieved gauge. It's about 18.5, and I've decided to live with it. But, really, size 5? Am I really that loose, or are the ball bands- and patterns-lying to me? What happens when I want to knit a sock? The needles only get so small!

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP