Monday, March 12, 2007

You never know where the day will take you

Sometimes the day takes you to a place where you're getting drunk in a gallery of priceless art.

<span class=

Interpride went really well on Saturday. Mike and I arrived for breakfast, and then took a little rest in Kim and Steph's room (who are back together and making it work and I love it). We made some copies. At lunch Mike nearly got killed by a chicken salad sandwich the contained covert pistachios, but a gallon of water saved him. I was really grossed out by vegetarian tomato soup that was actually seafood tomato soup. Yuck. Fortunately I didn't bite into anything that was obviously seafood, and I only ate about a third of the cup before I was informed. Damn you, Doubletree Dearborn, for not having a fucking grasp on what you're serving.

Our presentation went really well. Nineteen of 20 reviews were good, but someone left us a snarky little review. We spent the rest of the evening trying to figure out who the harridan was, but we never figured it out. Ah, well.

Then we were off to Park West for dinner, which was delicious. And, oh, the free beer! And the priceless art- Dali, Picasso, Toulouse Latrec, Rembrandt! It was awesome.

Dali

We weren't actually registered for the conference, but because Mike and I are the Nicole Ritchie and Paris Hilton of Triangle, we got into Comedyfest and saw some good stand-up. Sabrina Matthews, in particular, was hysterical.

In fiber-related news, my Secret Pal sent me an e-card. How sweet! Thanks!

<span class=

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP