Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas is finished

Gnomes came in the night and felted my slippers! They're grandmother-sized now:
My family was quite impressed when I came up from the laundry room holding these. "Those were the giant socks?" Yes. "Really?" Yes. Now I need to paint some treads on them so she doesn't skate herself into a broken hip on the kitchen floor.

Also, last night I learned a new skill. After years of fighting it, I took my first baby steps last night on the path to learning to sew. Amazing! I think I could get a hang of it, now that the pain of the first time I tried to learn (and subsequently sewed my finger) is fading. I made a stocking for Dan which currently hangs next to mine on the mantle, and I finished Bonny's bag:

The chenille does not want to be photographed. The bag does not look like fuzzy ketchup barf, unless that barf came out of Bettie Page at a calendar shoot. Here's the lining, lumpily constructed but 100% machine and hand-sewn by me:

And that concludes the Christmas crafting. I actually finished most of the projects that I intended to. I am short a hat for dad and wristwarmers for mom, but as I said to Dan last night, those will happen once I've gotten a few things out of the way for me. Happy holidays!

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP