Thursday, February 7, 2008

FO and pattern: Limari Hat

Limari Hat

Made this in class on 20 January 2008. It’s big and sqooshy, and not the style of hat I normally wear, but I impressed a ton of people when I started and finished a hat in class.

I wrote this to go with this totally cute scarf (Ravelry link), which I have made out of the same yarn.

Yarn: Arucania Limari, in some kind of peach colorway (it's on closeout at Webs right now for about $8/a skein!)

Needles: US size 13, or size to get gauge- I'm a really. loose. knitter. and the fabric isn't too tight (I don't like stiff hats), so you may need to experiment to get a gauge that suits you

Gauge: 1.5 stitches/inch, measured across a knit rib (I know, not too accurate, but hey)

Cable Rib pattern:
Round 1-3: *K2, P2* repeat ** around hat (9 repeats total)
Round 4: *K2, P2, CL (slip a stitch to the cable needle and hold to the front, K1, K stitch off cable needle), P2, CR (slip a stitch to the cable needle and hold to the back, K1, K stitch off cable needle), P2*; repeat ** twice more (3 total repeats)
Repeat rounds 1-4 for pattern.

Hat:
CO 36 stitches. Join to work in the round (don't twist it!). Knit in Cable Rib pattern for 7" or until the hat is almost deep enough (I made mine to cover my ears), ending in row 3 of pattern. To decrease for the top:
First row: *k2, 2tog, CL, p2, CR, p2* repeat around hat
Second row: *k2, p1, k2, p2, k2, p2* around hat
Third row: *k2, p1, k2, p2tog, k2, p2tog* around
Fourth row: *k2, p1* around
Fifth row: *k2tog, p1, k2, p1, k2, p1* around
Sixth row: *k1, p1, k2tog, p1, k2tog, p1* around
Seventh row: *k2tog* around
Eighth row: *k2tog* around, k1

Thread live yarn through the stitches and pull it shut. Weave in ends and enjoy. You probably don't need to block it.

I'm not actually blue
P.S. taking pictures of yourself is tough!

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP