Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Knitting for class: a dilemma

Well, it's quarter to four on a Tuesday, which is precisely the time that I get to thinking about class this week (which starts at 6pm tonight. I am a procrastinator!). The requirements are simple, and yet I struggle to figure out what to bring with me. In order to qualify as "class knitting" the project needs to be:

  • simple and relatively mindless
  • a single color (even stripes make me look like I'm not paying attention)
  • devoid of techniques that require a pattern/reference book
  • large enough that I won't finish it in a couple of hours
  • not so large that it doesn't fit in my bag
  • made of stashed materials (so, so broke!)
I've got a couple of things on the needles right now (a sweater and a baby blanket), but neither of them seem to fit my criteria. I'll probably throw one of them in my bag anyway, and see what happens. Don't get the wrong idea- my classes are really interesting, but I need something to do with my hands when I'm listening or... I stop listening. It's just who I am. The knitting prevents doodling, or the creation of shopping lists.

I made a quilt for Mutie over the weekend- my first! Once I bind it and take pictures, I'll post information. I am officially a sewer now!

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP