Wednesday, February 20, 2008

FO: Bunny Blanket

Bunny Blanket

Bunny Blanket
Pattern: Blanket Buddy (obviously without the head)
Needles: US 11
Yarn: Lion Homespun
February3-16

I took some liberties with the project when I realized that I was going to have a lot of leftover leftover Homespun if I didn't make it bigger. It's kind of pink, but in a neutral way. I decided against the stuffed bunny head, and opted instead to join an equal number of stitches in the round when I got near the end, and do matched decreases (like a sock toe) to make a little bonnet top. I might put bunny ears on it, but then again, I might not. The yarn is (once again) from my stash, so I wanted to use as much of it as possible! I am loving this FO streak, especially since it is clearing out my weird collection of hoarded yarn (much of which was freecycled).

The photo is in the nursery, and as you can see, there isn't a lot of afternoon light in February. It is peaceful in there, though.

(Bunny gender is simulated- actual baby sex may vary)

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP