Friday, February 8, 2008

FO: Oldest UFO in my stash

Oldest Project EVER

Pattern: Something I made up, hoping it would be big enough for a bedspread (wrong!)
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver, Baby!
Hook: H?

I have had this thing since, oh, I don't know, 2000. My mother commissioned it when my parents bought the cottage, and I have worked on it here and there ever since. It's been unfinished for so long that the thought of it was always too overwhelming to even give it a try, and it has been moved to THREE different residences and stowed in a closet. Wellllll... its most recent closet was the one in the nursery, and I suppose the spring cleaning/nesting instinct combination finally got to me, and I pulled it out. I crocheted until I ran out of the colors for the stripes, bound it off, and did a simple dc border. My mother was very pleased (and surprised!) to receive it. Don't ever commission an afghan from me, unless I'm pregnant!

Oldest UFO is finished

It's absolutely HUGE! -probably about nine or ten feet long and six feet wide. It fits over the back of the sofa and is large enough to cover a grown human completely.

In other news, I've been working on this:

Buttony Sweater shoulders

It's lopi, and so it sheds worse than the dogs and isn't as soft, but I'm bustin' stash and I think it'll fit despite the baby bump, which is less a bump and more a smuggled exercise ball (and I'm only 5 months!).

My Life in Pictures

www.flickr.com
Veronica M's items Go to Veronica M's photostream

About Me

My photo
I love language. I love knitting. I love photography. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I love my puppies. Reach me at vmachak at gmail dot com.

Following Me

She Has Arrived

Vivienne Beatrix

June 20, 2008
12:00 pm
7 pounds, 15 ounces
20.25 inches

beautiful

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP